In the past few years we have replaced the entire roof including repairing rafters.  Corbels and facia have been repaired and/or replaced as necessary.   The porch was restored and repainted.  A new floor and ceiling were installed on the porch and we added a handrail for safety.  The contents left by previous tenants have been removed, and we have demolished interior walls that were not original to the building,

The work has been financed through year-round fundraising, donations from individuals and local companies, a Heritage Trust Fund grant, a Monsanto grant, and a Caring Communities grant.

In 2018 we hope to restore the entryways on the northeast and southwest sides of the building.  And the next project we will tackle is to repair/replace all 100 windows!

See how far we've come.